Week 2: No longer cast away with UltiCasting

Yesterday we have made major progress on the UltiCast project. After experiencing some setbacks with the Ultimakers we finally managed to get a second cold extruder running on the Ultimaker mainboard. Before this success our most noteworthy accomplishment was that we not only crashed the Ultimaker during testing, it also froze on startup and for some reason was completely inverted. Luckily with the help of our supervisor Lars Rossing and some tedious hours fiddling through the Ultimaker firmware in Marlin we now have a very promising set up. Our current setup will be available in the methods page.

To celebrate these successes: Here is a video of our latests FDM printed finger!